Saturday, August 9, 2008

August 9th

Matt is doing so well. He had a great night and I was able to stay with him and make sure that he was okay. I am amazed at how much he has started moving both arms. He is reaching up to shake hands with the doctors and anyone that comes to visit him. The doctors have reinstated the OT/PT orders and also the speech orders, so on Monday, maybe Sunday if we are lucky he will be able to start moving again. I am praying that he gets to go to the rehab floor early this week, or at least by the middle of the week. He was trying to help take the pillows out from under his back earlier today and that is the first time he has done that. I was talking to him and telling him how much I loved him and asked if he loved me even half as much as I love him and he responded by waving his hand(like get out of here) and then he gave me the biggest smile as if to say I am only joking. This is the first time that he has smiled like that since the initial incident happened. I cried right away and he looked at me as if to say what are you crying for? I told him that they were happy tears and then he seemed to understand. I am sure he was thinking ohh there goes that sappy wife of mine again. He is getting better and better. God is good to us and I don't think that there are words to ever describe how thankful I am that God has given me my husband back, when the doctors did not give any hope. God continues to show me just how wonderful he is and I continue to be thankful, more and more everyday. Thank you all for helping us pray for Matt and I ask you to continue to pray for him as he starts rehab soon. This will be hard at first, but in the long run he will benefit the most from this. After rehab Matt will be able to go home and continue rehab on an outpatient basis. I am looking forward to having him home with me and the boys. Thank you again for all your prays and love for Matt, the boys and me. We will be forever thankful and in your debt. We love you all.

No comments: