Thursday, August 7, 2008

August 7th

Well another wonderful day God has given us. Matt is doing well and will be moving up to the floor and out of the ICU on Friday. Our favorite nurse Lisa is going to make sure that we have a room on the 3rd floor so she could take care of Matt again. The doctor that came in and told us that he thought he could fix the AVM came back and said that with some treatments that they would at least be able to shrink the AVm enough to us radiation on it. It will take more than one treatment to fix this, he even said as many as 7 or 8. The treatments are relatively simple and not to invasive. If you are interested you can look up AVM Embolization or this site has a lot of information on it:
http://www.irsa.org/avms.html. They would like to do it as soon as Matt is strong enough to travel to San Antonio. This was another very exciting day for us. The doctors came in and they took the tube out of his nose and they are planning to start him on tube feedings in the morning. They will continue to use this for feeding until he is able to eat enough to maintain his strength. I must tell you God has given Matt the most wonderful doctor that is overseeing his care. Dr. Reddy is great and he shared with us what he thought about Matt having a seizure today. He told me that he knew that God answered our prayers. Not just my prayers but our prayers. He told me that he believed that God allowed Matt to have a seizure so that Dr. Chin could come and put the PEG in and that he would want to help fix the AVM. Dr. Reddy said to me, what are the chances of all of this happen at the same time?? He said it is because God allowed the seizure to happen. I wanted to share another verse that has touched my life over the past year. It is a verse that my church used as we were launching a building campaign and it is as follows:
"Now to Him who is able to do immeasureably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us (and in our families)...to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen (Ephesians 3:20-21 ).
We always need to remember that God can do far more than we are every able to imagine and that if we will only ask and trust, He will be faithful to answer out prayers. I hope that you will all be sure to give God all the glory for what He is doing in Matt and please continue to pray for him. The next step is back up to rehab and hopefully that will be very soon. I have to start work on Tuesday and I would like to see him in rehab by then. I have to return to work especially since we will have to make several trips to San Antonio in the near future. I will need all of my leave days to go with Matt when they work on his head. Take care and know that we love you all and are thankful for all your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna,
This is great. Thank you for setting up this page. Since Carol sent me the link I have faithfully checked it sometimes several times a day. I have been overjoyed hearing how God has been working in your lives and in Matt's behalf. We are also faithfully praying for all of you.
Uncle Larry

Anonymous said...

Donna,
I pray for y'all daily and Allyison and I would like to do something for y'all. Whether it be a meal or something please let us know
Tavie