Sunday, August 3, 2008

August 3

Today has been a pretty good day. Matt was up and in the chair for several hours today. Getting up and sitting in the chair takes a lot out of him and he gets very tired. Of course before he got to sit in the chair the Physical and Occupational therapist came in and worked with him. They are both impressed with what he can do, many people are surprised when they work with him that he is doing so much and doing it so well. This to me is just another way of God showing me how awesome He is and what He can do with one of His children. The GI doctor is going to do another xray in the morning and see how his intestines look, I would like to see them put the PEG in on Monday, but he seems to want to wait until Tuesday. I am pushing for Monday just so we can get it over and done with and be on our way back up to rehab. Please pray that the GI doctor will come in and want to put it in on Monday. Please also pray for me, I am suppose to start back to school on the 12th of August. As long as Matt is doing well this should not be a problem, however if he is not back up on the rehab floor I am not going to be able to leave him and go to work. They have transfered me to a new building and I am a bit nervous about that, but I know that God will work all of that out. Well that is what is going on today, please know that we appreciate all of your prayers and support, God has surrounded us with a great group of friends and family who love us and are here for us all the time.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Donna you do not know me, but I have been praying for your husband, for you and for your family.

Matt's story is incredible, and such a testimony to God's miraculous healing.

My husband and I joined the RLF team this May. Skip was brought on as the Creative Arts Pastor.

I look forward to meeting you in person someday, and I will continue to pray and pass on your updates to others.

God bless you all!

Unknown said...

Good Evening Donna and Matt,
Have they finally installed those wall charts in the hospital yet? With all that noise I heard on Saturday, I needed a CAT scan when I left. HA! How did Matt's CAT scan turn out? Has the bleeding resided? I hope they can get the stomach tube in tomorrow, too. At least he is getting 2600 calories through his line now, which is more nutrition than he was getting. I'm glad that O.T. and Speech therapy have gone well. Let's hope he gets back to the rehab unit soon. Is there anything that you or the boys need at this point? Prayers are plentiful but let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Love,
Carol :)