Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August 6th

I am not even sure how to begin this next entry. Holy Moly does not even come close to expressing what I am about to tell you. Just in case you were not aware of this God is sooooo AWESOME!!!! Now that I have said that I need to update you on Matt. They were able to get the PEG in his stomach. The doctors had to use the CAT scan to do it and it was a success. What they did was to put a stitch in his stomach and pull it up to the skin and all of his intestines fell back into place and they were able to put the PEG in. That alone is amazing but it gets better. I am glad that you are sitting while you read this. Matt's doctor told us that he was going to get someone to put this PEG it didn't matter who it was. Well God knew who it was and man does he know how to pick them. The doctor that put the PEG in is a Neurointerventional Radiologist. He wanted to talk to me after they had put the PEG in and he asked me what the doctors were saying about the AVM in Matt's brain. I told him what I knew and that the neurosurgon was going to send Matt's information out to other doctors, but he was not sure if they were going to be able to fix the AVM. Well here is the AWESOME part hold on... This radiologist told me that he took the liberty of looking at all of Matt's scans and test and that he had sent them to his associate in San Antonio. He also told me that he thought that they would be able to fix the AVM with a little glue and some coils. This is a procedure that I have read about online. He told me that this is something that they deal with all the time and that he is pretty sure that they will be able to help, becasue Matt is far to young to have this hanging over his head for the rest of his life. All I could do was cry and he could not understand why I was crying. What are the chances that this person from San Antonio would just happen to be here in Corpus working this summer and that he would be the one that put the PEG in Matt's stomach, and that he would be the one that would tell us that he can fix the AVM. I can only think of one person who could make all of this happen at the same time and that would be the one and only true GOD that we serve. I am once again taken to a point of amazement and I have been there many times in the past month.
There is a verse that has really become part of my life the past few weeks and that verse is:
Mark 11:23-24
"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain,"Be removed and cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. "Therefore I say unto you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you will receive them, and you will have them.
I read this verse one night and it has stuck with me throughout this whole crazy rollercoaster ride that we have been on the past month. I started praying very specific prays about Matt, I would pray for his right arm to get stronger and for the left arm to get stronger. I would also pray that God would hold the AVM in His hand and keep it safe and He has done that, now not only is He keeping it safe, but He has brought someone into our lives that will fix it. I am just in awe and amazement at the miracles that God is doing day in and day out. I get up in the mornings and look at Matt and see a miracle and then God just keeps adding to the pile. I feel like God is personlly involved in our lives and I am not sure that I have ever felt that way before. I always knew that He had a hand on us, but I never felt like it was personal. There was a lady that posted a comment to that affect today and it really brought it into light for me, that God is personally involved and that is how He wants to be invloved in everyones life. I once again want to thank you all for your prayers and support, and I thank God for you every day. Knowing that I can count on you to pray and lift Matt up means more to me than you will ever know. God has surrounded us with an awesome support and thank you for being a part of that team. God bless you and I will keep you pasted. Thanks again!!!!

No comments: