Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 10th

Today is another good day. Matt is becoming more and more himself. He is making jokes and his sense of humor is back He is doing so well and the doctors have been in today. Both of the doctors that are caring for him are saying that he is ready to go back to the rehab floor. They have both written orders for the rehab doctor to come in and evaluate him again. The last time he evaluated Matt he was ready that same day to take him to rehab, but we were waiting on the other doctors to get on board. Now all we need is for the rehab doctor to come in and he will be on his way to rehab again. Matt is starting to want to do things for himself. I found out last night that he still has the ability to write. I could not understand what he wanted me to do and I had him try and write down what he wanted and he did with no problems. He started to day out smiling at me and I must tell you that his smile is the best thing I have seen in a long, long time. The feeling I get when he smiles at me is the same feeling that I got when the boys were babies and were learning to smile. Your heart just fills with love and you are just so excited to see that smile over and over again. I have been saying that I cannot wait to get a hug from him, well today I got my hug. I was moving him over in the bed and I had my arm behind his neck and was centering hiim in the bed and he took that chance to give me my long awaited hug. I am so thankful that God has been so gracious to me and that he has given me my Matt back. There were things that use to make me mad and I really don't think that those things will ever bother me again. I am reminded daily just how precious life is and that it is to short to get mad about little things. We need to live everyday like it is our last and never forget to tell the people in our lives just how much they mean to us. God has given us life and we need to be thankful and not take if for granted. I feel like the luckiest person in the whole world. If you had asked me a month ago how lucky I felt I don't know that I would have been able to answer that question. Please continue to pray for Matt and please pray for Dr. Chen and his partner as the look through Matt's tests and put together a plan of action for the repair of the AVM. We are also praying of a quick move to rehab and that once he is there that he will exceed all of their expectations and be able to come home soon. Thank again for all your support and your prayers. We love you all and are so glad that God has put you in our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds so great. Our church and many others in Alabama are all praying for you and Matt. We will keep you in our prayers. Keep strong. We love you all. Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth told me of the blog tonight and we have just read it. Thank you so much for the information. This allows us to see the our prayers really do make a difference. Matt is a living miracle of God.
Our whole church here in Warsaw, MO has been praying for Matt and the family. God bless you all.
Joe & Sue Dungca

Anonymous said...

God is indeed glorious, and greatly to be praised! We are so excited to read about Matt's progress. Your friends here in Virginia love you all dearly; we are keeping Matt in our prayers. Be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might! We love you all!
Kathy and Rob Turner