Friday, August 8, 2008

August 8th

Good News keeps coming. It took all day, but Matt is back on the 3rd floor where we started out and would you believe that he is in the same room that we left on Monday. What are the chances!! (That is my new saying) They started feeding him through the PEG tube in his stomach today and that is going well. For the past couple of days I have been hearing his stomach growl and I am not hearing that anymore. I talked again to Dr. Chen the wonderful doctor that is going to help Matt. He told me that the procedure that they are going to do on Matt will last from 1 hour to 3 or 4 hours depending on how things are going. Matt will have to stay in ICU right after the procedure to make sure that there is no bleeding and then either 1 or 2 days later he will go home. There will be anywhere from 3 months to 6 months between each surgery. So this whole process could take a year or more depending on what they are able to get done and how the AVM responds to the procedures. This will all take place in San Antonio at the military hospital up there. We are still excited and very hopeful. We are praying for Matt to be able to go to the rehab floor in the next couple of days, maybe by Monday or Tuesday. I have to start back to work on Tuesday and I would like to have him in rehab before I go back to school. I was going to try and stay with him for another couple of weeks, but with the doctors wanting to start the procedures as soon as he is able to travel, I need to save all of my leave for that. I hate to have to leave him, but his Mom is here and she will stay with him during the day and I will come and stay at night after I get off work. Please continue to pray for him. I think and it is only me, but I think that he is doing better now than he was before he got to this hospital the 25th of July. He is trying to talk more, moving both arms and legs more, and he is also more alert. He has been reaching up and scratching his nose and eye, he has not done that for several weeks. I am not sure that I shared this from yesterday, but the last EEG showed that everything is normal with his brain activity. I asked the doctor what the difference was between the EEG that was done the day after the rupture and this last one was? He told me that the one they did right after the rupture showed that the brain activity was slow and this last one they did the day after the seizure showed that everything was normal. That was great news, since we have not had an EEG since the day after the rupture. God is amazing and He continues to show us just how awesome He really is. I am sorry that it took me so long to post today, I will try to do better. Thank you again and again for being supportive and for being our pray warriors. I know for a fact that Matt would not be where he is today if it were not for all of your prayers and the grace of GOD. Thank you again for loving us and for all of your prayers.

No comments: