Saturday, August 16, 2008

August 15th and 16th

Sorry this is a day late. I could not get my computer to work last night. Matt is doing so well. He ate real food yesterday and said that it was good. For breakfast he had pancakes and sausage. He is also able to drink coffee now. He says that the hospital coffee is not very good. Our brother-in-law Larry has been waiting for him to be able to drink coffee. He says that the next time he comes to the hospital he is going to bring Matt Starbucks coffee. It is very exciting to see him eating and drinking again. He looks better and sounds better too. Hopefully it won't take to much longer and he will be well enough to go home. I hate that I have to leave him every day and go to work, but sometimes we don't always get to do what we want to in life. Anyway, sorry about that it was a little pitty party for me and I need to get over it.

This morning we got him up and he used his legs to help wheel himself down to the dining area and he did really well. He had eggs and cream of wheat this morning along with apple juice and coffee. Once again, the coffee was not very good. He is also getting some other nutrition through his PEG while he is building up his strength so that he is getting enough calories. I am really happy to see that he is doing so well and I know that it is because you are keeping him in prayer. God has been so wonderful to us and we can never repay the debt that we owe Him. It seems like every time I write I am thanking you for praying and telling you how specical you are to us and I hope you know that every time I say that, it comes from my heart and that it is not just words. I am truely thankful for every one of you that prays for Matt, because if you were not praying I don't know where we would be at this point. I love you all and thanks again.

No comments: