Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 13

I am writing you from the 8th floor, better known as the rehab floor. Matt is doing great!!!!! I know that I keep saying that, but each time I come back from work he seems to get better since the morning. He is able to pucker his lips today and that was a surprise that he saved to show me when I got to the hospital. It is so good to see him smiling and being proud of what he is doing. I think that he knows that he is getting better and I think that he is proud of himself. When one of our pastors came by today, he asked Matt what they needed to pray for and Matt told him Strength. Whenever our pastor would come up to the hospital he would ask me what to pray for and I would always tell him what I thought we needed to pray for that week. It was kind of cool that Matt was able to tell him what he wanted to pray for. In the past when Matt would talk his voice was very raspy and hoarse sounding. His speech has gotten so much better and he is even talking to people on the phone and it is pretty easy to understand him. Once the rehab people have him on the floor for a few days the are going to start taking out the tubes that he has left in his body. The only thing that they will leave in is the feeding PEG in his stomach and that will stay in until he is taking in enough real food to sustain him. So if you all will join us in praying for Matt's request of strength I would appreciate it. He is working so hard and is making great progress. Keep those prayers coming, because this is when the real work for him starts. He is going to need all of the strength that God can give him. Thank you all for your continued prayer and support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna and Matt,
I'm glad to hear that Matt has moved up to the 8th floor! YIPEEEE!!! He is making improvements every day.
Love,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna & Matt..
I am so excited for you! How far he has come, it makes me cry with joy. Give him a hug for me! Keep up with the good news, and I have you both in my thoughts!

Love ya-
Lori