Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 14

Man oh Man!! What a day Matt had today. He has started transfering himself from the bed to the wheelchair (with some assistance). He was able to take a shower today, a real shower not a bath in the bed. He used his legs and rolled himself down to the dining area. He shaved himself. After all of this what could be better, well just wait!?!?!?! He is going to start eating chopped up food on Friday. He has been getting liquid food through his PEG, but now he will start getting chopped up food. They are going to be giving him 6-7 small meals/snacks a day and then supplement with the liquid food through the PEG at night. He is also able to take water from a cup now, anytime he wants. This is all very exciting. He is trying to do stuff so that when I come from work I will be happy and proud of him. I told him that I was proud of him no matter what he did or didn't do. He asked me to tell him what really happened to him tonight. I felt like if he was asking that he was ready to know, so I told him. He cried when I told him about the first night, but then I explained how from there that he only got better with a couple of minor set backs. He said, "I did not realize just how sick I was and that I was that close to death!" This brought tears to my eyes and I think what got him the most was that the boys were told that he would not make it through the night. I know that is the part that gets to me everytime I share Matt's story with someone. Please continue to pray for strength, that is a request from Matt. I would like for you to continue to pray for patience and for him to get stronger and stronger everyday so that we do not have to stay in the hospital very much longer. You all are the best and I am so glad that you all are in my life and in the life of my family. Thanks again and I will keep you posted on Matt's everyday progress, he is doing just fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very exciting news! We are very encouraged to hear of Matt's progress. I wanted to pass on this psalm: "Behold, God is my salvation. I will trust and not be afraid. For the Lord my God is my strength and my song; he also hath become my salvation" Fervently praying!

Love,
Kathy and Rob

Anonymous said...

This is very good news that we have been waiting to hear. May God bless all of you.

Love to everyone.