Friday, August 22, 2008

August 22

Matt has had a great day today. The PT guy has had him doing squats and the OT people have been working with him on lifting his arm. He has made such great improvements over the past week. The doctor that is overseeing his care is so amazed at the progress that he is making. Matt has a very strong desire to go home and that is why he is working so hard. He told me yesterday that he is working so hard because he wants to come home and that I am his inspiration. Little does he know that he is my inspiration, because of the fight and drive that he has to get better. I have seen people make improvements over time, but I have not seen someone improve over night before and that is what seems to be happening with Matt. I know it sounds funny, but I am telling you the truth. Last Sunday he could hardly hold himself up on his legs and now his legs seem to be so strong and this happened from Sunday to Monday. Even when he is tired he puts forth 150% for the people that are working with him. I knew that if they got him up to this floor that he would make great progress. Every night we pray for him to have the strength of God and that seems to be what he is getting. God is so good and He loves us so much. I am so glad that I am here to see the wonderful work that He is doing with Matt. Please continue to pray with us that God will give Matt his strength to make it through this rehab stuff and that God will continue to heal his eyes. I would also like to ask you to pray for me as school starts on Monday and I am doing my student teaching this semester. I am a little nervous, because we are expected to get as many of the special ed kids to pass the TAKS test and I am not sure how all of that works. This is a whole new experience for me and one that I am not real comfortable with at this point. Thank you all for your love and your prayers, we can not ever repay the gratitude that we feel for you all. Thanks again and we love you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Donna and Matt,
Wow...it's been a week since I checked the blog and what great improvements have been made!! That would be great if Matt gets to come home around the first part of September. Student teaching and the TAKS test will be just baby steps for you. Just look at what you have been through with Matt, never doubting God's guidance and strength! Donna, you are such a strong person for Matt, the boys and all the countless others who have come in contact with you or heard about your story. You are an amazing person. Your courage, tenacity and humor have been a blessing to Matt and his specialized staff. God will continue to see you through because you have always given praise to Him.
Love,
Carol :)