Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20th

I must beg for your forgiveness. Yesterday was a crazy day and I just did not get to updating the blog. Matt is doing fantastic. He went for another swollow study today and called me at 11:30 and told me that he had passed the test with "flying colors". So tonight for dinner he was able to have food from my sisters resturant that they have recently opened. He ate opened faced pot roast, mashed tators, green beans, and the famous watermelon pie. After he was finished eating he told me that he felt like he usually does after Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. It is so good to see him eating again and enjoying food. His therapy is going so well. The people that he works with are just amazed at the progress that he is making and how quickly he is making that progress. He is very quick to give God the glory for what is going on, but them I am quick to tell him that if he were not willing to accept and us what God is giving then it would not work. Everyday is a new day for us and I feel like I can't love him any more until I walk in the door from work and I do. I told him the other night it was like being newlyweds again and realizing just how much you do love each other, but this is even more intense, because we have been married for 20 years. Anyway, sorry I got off on a little bit of us and not so much of telling you about Matt. He is still doing well standing and was using a box today to do step ups. We talked to them about the steps in the house and they are going to work to help him be able to climb the steps at home. There is a projected date of Sept. 11th for Matt to possible go home. It may even be sooner than that. I have talked to them and they are willing to work with us because, I have to start my student teaching on that day. The therapist that is in charge of his care is working with us and said that he can probable come home on the 9th or 10th rather than the 11th. I am planning on taking a couple of days off to be at home with him. Please continue to pray for Matt's strength and also his eyes that the double vision will heal itself and we won't have any trouble with that. Please also pray that he might be able to come home sooner than the first part of Sept., but that if he needs to stay until then that God will help him to continue to do well so that he will not need any assistance when he goes home. I am looking forward to having him home and getting our lives back to normal. It will be nice for us to be at home and be able to get our lives back to normal with just us and the boys. I know that we as a family are going to need some time to get things together again since all of this has happened. Thank you so much for your prayer and I will continue to keep you updated and we love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Just wanted to let you know that your Uncle Calvin Jackson's family have been lifting Matt and your family up in prayer.

Sheila