Monday, August 18, 2008

August 18th

Standing was on the agenda today and they had him stand up and sit 10 times today. He told me that it was very hard, but that it felt good. When I got to the hospital after work he was eating and I then took him back to his room and he wanted to go back to bed and sit in the bed for a while. Usually, when I am not here the CNA's help him in and out of bed, but when I am with him I help him in and out of bed. Yesterday when he was transfering from the wheelchair to the bed he could not hardly bare weight on his legs, well today when I went to help him back into bed he was actually standing up tall and was supporting most of his weight on his own. Walking was a little tricky, but he did well and side stepped and took a few steps to help get back in bed. I am so proud of him and how well he is doing. We took another trip to the 3rd floor today to visit with the sweet nurses that he had and they are all shocked when we roll off the elevator and he say Hi how are you all doing. He is now eating more normal food and not just chopped up food, they are just giving it to him the way it is served. He is able to use a straw to drink from and is doing great with that according to the speech person. They are thinking of doing another swallow study, just to make sure that things are going where they are suppose to, but the speech person really does not see a need for that and is going to try and talk to the doctor about it. Someone, I am not sure who, said that he may be getting out of here on the 8th of Sept. That to me is pretty exciting, to think that it is almost 2 months to the day. Just think, that they did not expect him to even live through the night and now we are talking about going home. Man oh Man isn't God great!!!!! Dr. Chen was in this morning and took out the stitches that were on his stomach that he put on the PEG and he told us to make an appointment as soon as they gave the all clear for him to travel. I still am amazed at how God brought all the right people together at just the right time to have a solution to the problem on Matt's AVM. I know that I am using the word amazed a lot in the updates, but that is the only word that seems to even come close to fitting what we have experienced. We are praying for continued strength and also that Matt's double vision will go a way. They are using a patch to strengthen his eyes, so we are asking God to intervene and help the process along. Thank you all once again and we love you all.

No comments: