Friday, June 19, 2009

June 19th

Well today is Matt's birthday. It has been almost a year since the AVM rupture. It is so amazing how far God has brought us in a year.

Matt will be having a procedure done on the 24th of June. He is having what they call "Radiosurgery". What they are going to do is put a halo type structure on his head and then they will do a CAT scan and an angiogram. Once that is done the neurosurgeon will map out exactly where the blood vessels are that are still there and then with about 250 lasers of rediation they will go in and shoot the area. There is a year waiting period before we know how well this worked, but by having this is greatly reduces the chances of the AVM rupturing again. The chances have already been reduced with the other procedures, but this will also reduce it more. If after that year time period they go back in and look at what is left all they should see is that the veins are all scarred up with scar tissue and that should be the end of it and we will not have to worry about this anymore. There is a chance that they will have to do it again, but we are praying for God to continue doing a great work and let it work the first time around.

Life is so much different now. The little things in life don't seem to bother us and we live everyday with a greater appreciation for each other and our family. If I can give one piece of agvice that I have gained from all of this it would be to take the time to pray and to tell the people in your life how much you love them, because you never know what is going to happen.

Thanks for all your love and prayers in this past year God is so amazing and I can't wait to see what wonderful things He still has instore for Matt and our family. Please continue to pray that all goes well and I will keep you posted. We love you all and are so thankful for everyone who has been a part of this past year in our life.

1 comment:

Donna Emel said...

Dear Matt and Donna, June 20, 2009

I’m sure you’re going to wander who this is. I’m sure if I got a letter from a blast from the past I’d be wandering. I’m a former friend of Matt’s. We knew each other in 1984-85 maybe a little longer I suppose. Matt my church attended the camp that you attended with Central Baptist, in Cincinnati. My church was Coulter Road we came with Pastor Earl Rosenbalm. I don’t know if you need all the description that I’m giving I know I wouldn’t. You were a major person in my life for a couple of years. I have some fond memories with you. Going to Chicago with you and your Mom and brother. I’ve wandered over the years how you have been. Actually I’ve looked on the internet for years. I thought you might still live in Corpus Christi but wasn’t sure. Your mom had told me years ago that you had married a girl named Donna (nice name by the way). But that is about all I knew. Every year on June 19th I thought if I had remembered correctly that it was your birthday. Today for the fun of it I goggled you with… Matthew Kesselring June 19th. Then your wife’s name popped up. It was on a Blog. I proceeded to read the Blog and was overwhelmed with all you and your family had been through. God has soooooo blessed you. I’m so happy to know that you are still following the Lord. What a blessing to read your wives blog with the many, many, praises to our precious Lord. I will be praying for your health Matt it sounds like you have a WONDERFUL wife to care for you. I’m so happy for you.
I don’t know if you have time or even an interest to answer my many questions but here goes.
1. How long did you stay in the Navy?
2. I see you’ve been married for 20 years when did you get married?
3. How many boys do you have? And what are their names?
4. What do you do for a living?
5. How is your Mom? And where does she live?
6. How and where is Rodney?
Maybe by now you know who it is but it’s Donna Emel, formerly Donna Bower.
I have been married for 20 years soon to be 21
I have 3 Wonderful children
Bekah who is 19 and has completed her first year of College at Liberty University.
Katie who is 12 going to JR high next school year
John Mark my baby who just turned 10 last Saturday

I have been very blessed to be a stay at home mom for all of my children’s life. I’ve lived in NY, Mass, and am back in NY now days, I hope to stay there. My husband grew up in this small town that I love here in Eden, NY. I have taught piano lessons for about 12 years. Sometimes I like it and sometimes I don’t that depends on the child’s desire to play. Anyway I attend a small church here and play the piano, direct the choir and my husband and I lead the youth group. I love my life.
Well that’s it for now. Hope you can respond to this letter. I truly will be praying for you and your family.
Your Sister in Christ,
Donna Emel
P.S. You can respond to me via Email at emel4@juno.com I’m also on face book.
P.S.S. Sure hope you don’t think this is weird………………….
P.S.S. Sure hope you don’t think this is weird………………….