Monday, September 29, 2008

Sept. 29

I want to say I am sorry for not keeping up with the blog. I was not sure if anyone was still reading since Matt was at home now. I was told tonight that I was in trouble for not keeping it up to date by a friend of mine. So I will try and do better. Matt is doing great and I am so impressed with how well his therapy is going. He is sweeping, cooking, weeding, picking up garbage outside to name a few things. His balance is so much better and he is not using the walker or wheel chair anymore. He has been grocery shopping with me and is pushing the cart and loading the stuff in the cart. In fact, we just got home from Walmart. Matt is working hard with the therapist and wants to get back to work by November. At the rate he is going, I don't see why he can't go back around then or soon after. We are preparing for the first procedure on Friday. It is scarry, but I know that God is going to take care of him, He has brought him this far and I believe that God is going to see him through this. I had to put Matt in God's hands a few months ago and I am going to continue to trust that God is in control of all that is going on and will see Matt through it. We are leaving to go to San Antonio on Thursday and he will check in that night and the surgery will be on Friday. The surgery could last anywhere from 2 to 6 hours. The longer it goes, the more they will be able to embolize, which in the long run will be better. However, for those of us sitting in the waiting room it may not be so good. I know that I am already a nervous wreck about this whole thing, I can't imagine on Friday waiting for 6 hours. Please pray for Matt as he goes through the surgery and that they will be able to get a lot of the AVM blocked off and that it will not take to many of these procedures to get it shrunk. My Mom, Matt's Mom and John and the boys are going to be there with us and I know that they will be a great help to me. Please pray for safe travel for all of us and that God will once again deliver Matt from all of this. Thank you all for your prayers and for your friendships. Please continue to pray for us and for the doctors that will be working on Matt the end of this week.

No comments: